Kid's ear piercings
What to know
We here at Kitten Flower Boutique LOVE piercing childrens' ears, but here are some things that you need to know before bringing them in.
1. We will not pierce anyone who isn't able to express to us their desire to have piercings. This typically means 5 years old and up, but there is always an exception. This also means that if your child can not express to our piercers that they want their ears pierced, we won't do them. A nervous or unprepared child can be nearly impossible to pierce and makes us feel uncomfortable. We don't want to feel like we are coercing or convincing them to get the piercings.
2. For children 8 and under, we require an appointment. This allows us to have 2 piercers present in order to simultaneously do both ears which leads to a greater success of your child getting both piercings. Appointments are taken in Grand Rapids on Saturdays, and Kalamazoo on Sundays. Over 8 years old does not require an appointment and can be done on a walk in basis.
3. We require your I.D. and your child's government-issued birth certificate.
4. We highly recommend AGAINST talking to them about pain. A parent that is constantly reassuring that the piercings won't hurt is more likely to scare a child rather than talking about how pretty they will be and that it is their responsibility to not touch the piercings. We will inform them right before piercing them that there will be a slight pinch but any more than that becomes more damaging than good as it doesn't relax them.
5. Our piercing fee for childrens' earlobe appointments is $35. The slightly higher fee is because we have 2 piercers working at once to make the process as quick as possible.
6. We recommend against swimming or rough sports activities while healing a fresh piercing. We want to ensure a smooth healing process, and following aftercare instructions is the best way to ensure a healthy piercing.
There is a piercing fee, plus the cost of jewelry. This is not to pull one over on you but because we carry such a large selection of jewelry for each piercing with options of glass, gold, steel, titanium, and niobium there is a large price fluctuation.
We charge a piercing fee of $30, this includes up to 3 piercings, you just purchase the jewelry.
All body piercings including surface anchors (microdermal) have a $30 fee + jewelry.
Piercings 6g or larger $35
Genital piercings $40. Male or female.
We recommend a consultation before to go over options of piercings and jewelry, and double check to make sure you are suited for your choice.
If jewelry has been purchased from us a jewelry change is free of charge, we will always be happy to swap back and forth between your favorite pieces for you as often as you'd like.
We are unable to put in jewelry purchased online or at other studios!
If your piercing needs to be re-opened but is still pierced it is a fee of $10
Stretches are a fee of $5
Microdermal anchor removal is free if done by us, $10 if done elsewhere.